807 East Main St. in Abingdon, VA at the intersection of Main St. and the Hillman Hwy.
Mission and Purpose:
It is the mission of the St. John Preschool to provide a Christian atmosphere where children are loved and respected. The preschool is an extension of the ministry of the congregation, presenting a holistic approach which encourages children to develop in a positive environment to their fullest potential
- Provide a safe, happy, Christian environment in which the children can grow physically, socially, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Accept each child as an individual and provide opportunities for self-expression, investigation, and participation in group activities.
- Allow each child the opportunity to grow and develop at his or her own pace, always encouraged and guided by caring adults.
- Enable opportunities for church, home, and school to work together in meeting the needs of the children and their parents.
- Establish an atmosphere where children are encouraged to develop personal responsibility, mutual cooperation with their peers, respect for authority and a positive self-esteem.
Ms. Mel Schnelle, Director
807 East Main Street
Abingdon VA 24210
3’s, 4’s, and Pre-K Monday-Thursday $200.00 Per Month
Registration Fee: $50.00 (non-refundable) fee for all age groups.
- Learn through play in centers
- Enjoy structured group activities with games, music, movement and stories
- Practice age appropriate writing, drawing, and cutting skills
- Enjoy creating with a wide variety of art activities
- Meal time for sharing and conversation
- Play outside on the playground (except during extreme weather)
- Enjoy field trips in the surrounding community
- Participate in weekly chapel time led by the pastor
- Weekly music class led by the pastor